Monday, March 19, 2007

I'll Meme YOU

So my friend Julaberry tagged me with a meme of 'List 7 Songs You Are Into Right Now'. This is my first tag (that I know of anyway) and I couldn't think of a better one to break my seel with. Of course, I'm having trouble narrowing it down, so I'm changing the parameters to 'List 8 Songs You Are Into Right Now'. Here they are, in no particular order of preference

1. King Of The Rodeo by Kings Of Leon.
-it's rare these days to hear a good song that is totally devoted to the subject matter of having a good time. This is a work of pure joy for me.

2. Straight Lines by Silverchair.
-I've never had a problem with Silverchair, in fact, I think their freshman release contains what is one of their best songs to date. Straight Lines continues where "Diorama" left off.

3. Big As Life by Hamell On Trial
-if you're not already aware of this guy, source him out on the net. Seeing him play this song live last year brought tears to my eyes. Maybe I'm in a transitional period at the moment, but this song currently ties in with how I'm looking at life at the moment.

4. Soldier by Bowser
-a band from the Gold Coast. There's no one who's coming close to these guys on the local scene at the moment. Check our their myspace to hear some more.

5. Say Goodbye by Hunters & Collectors
- I saw the clip for "When The River Runs Dry" a few weeks ago and it rekindled my love for this incredible Australian Band.

6. Fighter by Christina Aguilera
- I've already posted my feelings on this girl. Whoever produced this track did an awesome job. Check out the outro.

7. Town Called Malice by The Jam
- What an intro. What great lyrics. What an awesome song. Makes me want to get up and dance every time. Listen to this song on the way to work, especially if you're on the early shift.

8. Pagliacci:Recitar! Vesti la guibba (sung) by Pavarotti
- he's an axe. Many a rant have I descended into on the topic of opera and it's singers, but there's always going to be exceptions. This is one of them.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bowser where the only half decent band at the Big Day Out. (Tool being the only wholey good one :))

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am delighted to have broken your tag virginity.

I am now off to listen to A Town Called Malice while pogoing around my bedroom.

Pure musical genius.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am delighted to have broken your tag virginity.

I am now off to listen to A Town Called Malice while pogoing around my bedroom.

Pure musical genius.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad encouraged me to sing 'Vesti la Giubba' into a tape recorder when I was about 9. From memory I really overdid it on the 'sul to amor infraaaa-aaaa-aaa... nto' bit. But I was probably too embarrassed to do the laughing bit at the end...

8:22 AM  
Blogger I Am Man I Am You. said...

hahahaha. good on the bridge eh? do you have any recordings of you singing prince tunes??

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home